Horseback Riding on Viedma Lake
Starting off from the La Estela stable and riding docile horses, you would be able to enjoy an unforgettable excursion riding along the Viedma lake coast.
Horseback Riding on Viedma Lake Excursion
Season 2018 – 2019
- 7,30 hs. Pick-up at your hotel. Excursion/tour presentation.
- 8,30 hs. Stop at the second Argentine Lake lookout. Informative geological explanation of the area.
- 9,15 hs. Arrival at La Leona Roadhouse. Breakfast. Brief history and overview of La Leona with a chance to visit the small museum. Transfer to La Estela.
- 10,00 hs. Arrival at La Estela and a chance to visit the ranch.
- 10,30 hs. Start riding towards Viedma lake on horseback, riding towards Guanaco river.
- 13,15 hs. Lunch at the “Matera” on the ranch.
- 14,45 hs. Coffee/tea will be served at the saloon/recreation room
- 14,30 hs. Drop-Off at your Hotel.
Served at La Leona Roadhouse: Mix of homemade cakes + coffee/tea.
Starting from La Estela stable, the tour will take you towards the point of the Viedma lake and the beginning of La Leona river. After riding these shores, you will eventually arrive at the Guanaco river. During this journey you will ride with world famous views of this place, the Fitz Roy and Torre Peaks together. You will also learn a little about about the flora and fauna of this southern Patagonian region. Depending on the season, you may be able to sample wild calafate's berries.
Once arriving to the Guanaco river, the return will begin towards the stable along the tallest plateau, making a short stop at the Yaten shelter were you will be able to rest and relax for around 15 minutes, then return to the matera crossing some high dunes.
Back at La Estela ranch, lunch will be served on la Matera: Appetizer: Meat or vegetable empanadas. Main dish: beef steak cooked on cast iron and marinated with onion, served with potatoes and vegetables. (Vegetarian option: grilled pumpkin/vegetables cooked on a cast iron, served with potatoes). Dessert: Dulce de leche pancake with strawberries, and chocolate sauce
Included: Non-alcoholic beverage (one per person) + tea / coffee + 1 wine every 2 persons.
After lunch, tea or coffee will be served at the saloon/recreation building of La Estela, where you can rest and enjoy some of the best views of the Fitz Roy and Torre Peaks. This saloon also has full service alcohol bar, wine cellar with the best selección of national wines, big central wood fireplace, pool table, an observatory with skylights and two telescopes, and a boutique with exclusive nacional products.
You will have a toast on La Leona Roadhouse with "caña", the gaucho’s favorite alcoholic beverage served with homemade "tortas fritas".
Rates are still unavailable. For more information, please contact us.