Rafting on La Leona River
The ranch is equipped with different type of rafts (2 people kayaks or rafts up to 8 persons), all of them authorized and certified by the Argentinean Naval Prefecture. Leaving from the La Estela ranch, you make a descent on La Leona river passing through the old rural school and arriving to the historical La Leona Roadhouse after 50 minutes of rafting. Once arriving, you are going to be able to enjoy an exquisite home made cakes and hot chocolate, to return later back to La Estela ranch in one of their vehicles. This is an unique experience around the area you can only enjoy here with us.
"Horseback Riding with Rafting on La Leona River"
Season 2018 – 2019
- 7,30 hs. Pick-up from your hotel. Excursion/tour presentation.
- 8,30 hs. Stop at the second Argentine Lake lookout. Informative geological explanation of the area.
- 9,15 hs.Arrival at La Leona Roadhouse. Breakfast. Brief history and overview of La Leona with a chance to visit the small museum. Transfer to Estancia La Estela.
- 10,00 hs. Arrival at La Estela and visit the ranch.
- 10,30 hs. Start riding towards Viedma lake: horseback riding to the "Yaten" shelter
- 12,00 hs. Lunch at the “Matera” on the ranch.
- 14,00 hs. Safety overview and beginning of the rafting through La leona River towards the roadhouse.
- 15,00 hs. Arrival at La Leona roadhouse, and return to Calafate.
- 16,00 hs. Drop-Off at the Hotel.
Served at La Leona Roadhouse: Mix of homemade cakes + coffee/tea.
Starting from La Estela Stable, the tour will take you towards the Yaten Shelter, located at the point of the Viedma lake where La Leona river begins. During this journey you will ride with world famous views of this place, the Fitz Roy and Torre Peaks together. You will also learn a little about about the flora and fauna of this southern Patagonian region. Depending on the season, you may be able to sample wild calafate berries.
Back at La Estela ranch, lunch will be served on la matera: Appetizer: Meat or vegetable empanadas. Main dish: beef steak cooked on cast iron and marinated with onion, served with potatoes and vegetables. (Vegetarian option: grilled pumpkin/vegetables cooked on a cast iron, served with potatoes). Dessert: Dulce de leche pancake with strawberries, and chocolate sauce.
Included: Non-alcoholic beverage (one per person) + tea / coffee + 1 wine every 2 persons.
After a brief informative and safety overview, the trip departs from a ramp at La Estela ranch. As you float down the La Leona river you will slow down as you pass the old rural school, which was the first and only school in this region until the 70’s. The structure still remains roughly in tack today. The trip will continue down the river until arriving at the historical La Leona Roadhouse. This is a truly unique way to experience this area, and one you can only enjoy here with us.
You will have a toast on La Leona Roadhouse with "caña", the gaucho’s favorite alcoholic beverage served with homemade "tortas fritas".
Rates are still unavailable. For more information, please contact us.